The analysis of floor bearing capacity should be carried out by civil engineering experts.
If the injection machine is installed on reinforced concrete floor, generally any preparations for the foundation are unnecessary.
If the machine is installed on ordinary workshop floor, corresponding foundation should be prepared.
Max. Surface pressure applied by the machine onto the concrete floor may be calculated according to the machine weight as well as the number and area of adjustable shims.
Middle and large machines should be fixed on the foundation with foundation bolts.
Adjustable shims are supplied with the machine. Please refer to Section 2.8 for use of adjustable shims. Please note that adjustable shims reduce the contact area of floor and thus increase the pressure applied by the machine on the floor. Ensure the floor bearing capacity can bear this pressure.
Adjustment after installation
Adjust the injection machine correctly and conduct factory tests before delivery. After the machine is installed, following adjustments should be made.
- Adjustment of parallelism of mold plates
Usually, the stationary platen and stationary platen of the molding machine and mold installation reference plane have steady parallelism. Improper transport and installation may cause changes of such parallelism. Please inspect this parallelism again after installation is completed. If the parallelism error exceeds the specified allowable tolerance, please inform our company.
The following is the requirement of parallelism tolerance values of mold installation plane of the stationary platen and stationary platen.
|Effective Spacing of Tie Bar||When mold closing force is zero||When mold closing force is max.|
- Adjustment of the coaxial of the nozzle and mold positioning hole and adjustment of coaxial of the screw and barrel
The coaxial of the nozzle and mold positioning hole on stationary platen can be adjusted as shown below. The coaxial should meet the following requirements after adjustment:
|Diameter of mold positioning hole||Φ80-100||Φ125-250||Up Φ315|
|Coaxial of the nozzle and mold positioning hole||≤0.25||≤0.30||≤0.40|
- This adjustment should be made after fine adjustment of horizontal and vertical level of the machine body between the platens is finished
- Unscrew the fixing screws connecting the front and rear frames of injection seat tie bar with the machine body. Slacken both sides of the front frame of the tie bars and adjust the lock nut on the bolt horizontally.
- Use a slide caliper with accuracy of 0.05 or better accuracy to measure four points h1, h2, h3 and h4 circumferentially as shown in Fig. 1, and adjust the horizontal adjustment bolt until h1 = h3. Adjust the top and bottom adjustment screws on the front and rear tie bar frames until h2=h4. The adjustment error should be controlled and limited to the tolerance given in the above table. Besides, use a feeler gauge to measure the space between inner hole at the barrel tail and the screw and make adjustment untilδ1=δ3. Use a spirit level to measure the level of the pilot pin of injection unit, which must be within 0.05mm/m.
- After adjustment, respectively tighten the fixing screws on the front and rear tie bar frames and lock nuts on both sides of front frame.
- Adjustment of horizontal and vertical level of the machine body between the platens and adjustment of the level of small machines and middle and large machines is described in Section 184.108.40.206.
Machine adjustment procedures
With a heavy movable platen, the machine has a large inertia during the movement. In order to keep the machine stable, the level of machine body rails must be adjusted carefully.
Adjustment of rail level for small machines
- Confirm that the injection machine is at the position of minimum mold thickness. Install 6 or 12 adjustable shims according to the machine body mounting holes.
- Place the spirit level horizontally on the steel band or quenched rails on the operation side of the machine, between the movable platen and adjustable platen and as near to the movable platen as possible, as shown in the figure.
- Coarse adjustment. Adjust the adjustable shims on the operation side of the molding machine so that the bubble is almost at the middle of the spirit level. Place the level horizontally at the same position on the side opposite to the operation side of the machine. Adjust the adjustable shims on this side so that the bubble is almost at the middle of the level. Turn the spirit level by 90 degrees and place it vertically on the steel band or quenched rails on the operation side and opposite side of the molding machine, and make adjustment in the same method as above, so that the bubble is almost at the middle of the spirit level. (See Section 2.8 for adjustment of shims) .
- Fine adjustment. Repeat Step 3 several times until horizontal level≤0.16mm/m and vertical level ≤0.20mm/m.
- Generally, if users start up the motor for mold adjustment at the working oil pressure not exceeding 7MPa and can adjust the mold smoothly, and operate the mold moving cylinder at the working oil pressure not exceeding 3MPa and can move the mold easily and steadily, the level adjustment of the machine is correct.
Adjustment of rail level for medium- and large-sized machines
- Before machine installation, the foundation should be cleaned completely. Place adjustable shims in position as shown in the foundation installation drawing in Chapter V. Lift the component up 500mm from the ground. Insert foundation bolts from the bottom up, with flat washer, spring washer and nut. Rotate the nut so that the bolt end face is 3 times the pitch above top end face of the nut.
- Place the plastic machine on the shims, and align its foundation bolts with the reserved bolt holes. Then shut the injection unit and clamping unit together as shown in Section 220.127.116.11. Execute Step 3 of the adjustment procedures and carry out coarse level adjustment.
- After confirming the correct level by using a spirit level, grout the concrete into the reserved bolt holes to fix the foundation bolts.
- After curing for some days, confirm that the grouted concrete has become set (curing period is about 10 days in summer and 15 days in winter). Execute Step 4 of the adjustment procedures and carry out fine adjustment of the machine level. After confirming the correct level with a spirit level, finally tighten the foundation bolt nuts by using a labor-saving lever to fix the machine. (See the attached table for recommended length of the labor-saving lever).
Length of the Labor-saving Lever
|Bolt Size||Length of the Labor-saving Lever|
- Confirm that the machine is at minimum mold thickness position.
- Place the spirit level horizontally on the quenched rails on the operation side of the machine, between the movable platen and adjustable platen and as near to the movable platen as possible, as shown in the figure.
- Coarse adjustment. Adjust the adjustable shims on the operation side of the machine so that the bubble is almost at the middle of the spirit level. Place the level horizontally at the same position on the side opposite to the operation side of the machine. Adjust the adjustable shims on this side so that the bubble is almost at the middle of the level. Turn the spirit level by 90 degrees and place it vertically on the quenched rails on the operation side and opposite side of the machine, and make adjustment in the same method as above, so that the bubble is almost at the middle of the spirit level .
- Fine adjustment. Repeat Step 3 several times until horizontal level≤0.16mm/m and vertical level ≤0.20mm/m.
- Adjustment of injection unit. Provided that the nozzle is aligned with the center of stationary platen, the allowable error is as per Section 18.104.22.168.
- If users start up the motor for mold adjustment at the working oil pressure not exceeding 7MPa and can adjust the mold smoothly, and operate the mold moving cylinder at the working oil pressure not exceeding 3MPa and can move the mold easily and steadily, the level adjustment of the machine is correct.
Cooling Water Supply System
Water pressure of the cooling water system is 0.2~0.6MPa.
Arrangement of cooling water pipeline
The cooling water system has three circuits and they are 1) hydraulic cooling circuit, 2) screw barrel cooling circuit and 3) mold cooling circuit. One pipeline of the water source supplies water to the oil cooler. The other pipeline of the water source supplies water to cooling sub-piece and after shunting, supplies water to the mold and screw barrel cooler for effective temperature control.
Draining of cooling water
After injection molding is finished, stop the cooling water, and drain it out of the oil cooler.
In winter, especially depending on the weather condition, cooling water should continue to circulate at a lower pressure when the machine shuts down. (During night, if cooling water possibly freezes, cooling water in oil cooler should be drained and the residual water should be dried with compressed air to prevent any damages to the oil cooler and other equipments)
Flow rate of cooling water
Change flow rate of cooling water depends on injection conditions, water temperature, air temperature, pollution of oil cooler (which will result in decrease of cooling efficiency) and other factors. Therefore, the flow rate indicated in the table below is not required to be used but is for reference only.
Most suitable flow rates should be established according to actual molding experience.
|Power of Drive Motor-pump||Flow Rate of Cooling Water||Power of Drive Motor-pump||Flow Rate of Cooling Water|
|7.5kW(10 hp)||13 L/min or more||55kW(75 hp)||94.5 L/min or more|
|11kW(15 hp)||19 L/min or more||75kW(100 hp)||129L/min or more|
|15kW(20 hp)||26 L/min or more||90kW(122 hp)||155 L/min or more|
|18.5kW(25 hp)||32 L/min or more||110kW(150 hp)||190L/min or more|
|22kW(30 hp)||38 L/min or more||135kW(184 hp)||234L/min or more|
|30kW(40 hp)||51.5 L/min or more||155kW(211hp)||269L/min or more|
|37kW(50 hp)||63.5 L/min or more||220kW(299 hp)||383L/min or more|
|45kW(60 hp)||77.5 L/min or more||330kW(449 hp)||576L/min or more|
Caution！ During normal operation, the temperature of hydraulic oil in the tank cannot exceed 55℃
Cooling water flow rate of mold/cooling water shunting block (depending on molding conditions)
|Heater Power||Flow Rate of Cooling Water||Heater Power||Flow Rate of Cooling Water|
|6 kW||10.5 L/min or more||35 kW||60.0 L/min or more|
|7kW||12.0L/min or more||40kW||69.0L/min|
|8kW||13.5L/min or more||45kW||77.5L/min|
|9kW||15.5L/min or more||50kW||86.0L/min|
|10kW||17.5L/min or more||55kW||94.5L/min|
|15kW||26.0L/min or more||60kW||103.0L/min|
|20kW||34.5L/min or more||90kW||155L/min|
|25kW||43.0L/min or more||110kW||190L/min|
|30kW||51.5L/min or more||170kW||290L/min|
Filling of Hydraulic Oil
Use a special oil filter vehicle to fill clean fresh hydraulic oil through the refill opening until oil level rises to the upper limit on the level indicator (for the brand and type of hydraulic oil, please refer to Section 4.2). After electrical wiring is completed, check the plastic machine carefully for any barriers and dangers preventing the part movement, and confirm its safety before startup. Check the oil level in the tank. If the oil level is below the middle mark, hydraulic oil must be refilled until oil level is above the middle mark and generally should be 3/4 to 4/5 of the tank volume.
Electrical equipment of the machine is designed according to customers’ requirements and practices of relevant countries.
Electrical wiring should be carried out by consulting an electrical engineering company.
For three phase AC supply, a fuser corresponding to the rating should be provided for each phase.
Connect electrical power cables to the power feeder terminal block in the electrical box. The power supply is 3-phase 5-wire system, and the voltage is AC 380V, frequency 50Hz (except special power supply). For total power of the machine, please refer to the parameter table given in Chapter V.
Supply voltage must be measured. Range of input voltage is within rated voltage±10% of rated voltage, and input frequency is the rated frequency, with its variation of less than 1/1,000,000 Hz. If the voltage error exceeds above-mentioned range, please contact the electric power supply company.
In order to prevent any accidents caused by the current leakage, connect a wire (with the cross-section shown in the table below) to the grounding terminal of the moulding machine, and connect the other end of the wire to the ground rod or weld it to a copper plate. Then bury the ground rod or copper plate deeply in the ground that will not become dry.
|Motor Power||Cross Section of Grounding Wire|
Check rotation direction of oil pump motor
After oil pump motor is turned on, it is necessary to check the rotation direction of oil pump motor.
Hydraulic oil must be up to the required level. Before starting the oil pump, ensure that the oil complies with the requirements.
- Turn on the power switch
- Use the oil pump motor switch on the operation panel to start up the oil pump motor for a while, and then turn it off at once.
- Check if it runs in the direction shown by the arrow on the motor enclosure.
If it runs in wrong direction, turn off the power switch of the machine and the power switch on power supply line. Exchange power lines L1 and L2 .
adjustable leveling pads
HXM Series injection molding machines can be fixed on adjustable leveling pads. The dampers of adjustable shims provide much steadier operation of the machine.
After the shims are installed, small molding machines don’t need to fix on the floor by using foundation bolts at its bottom. The middle and large moulding machines will be displaced due to high vibration during operation and thus must be fixed with the foundation bolts.
Adjustment of adjustable leveling pads for small machines
- Unscrew Nut 2
- Screw the Bolt 1 until the shim height is reduced to the minimum
- By adjusting Bolt 1 on all the shims, adjust the machine level. Refer to Section 2.4
- After adjustment is finished, tighten Nut 2.
Adjustment of adjustable leveling pads for middle and large machines
- Unscrew the adjustment screw counterclockwise until the shim height is reduced to the minimum
- By adjusting the adjustment screw on all the shims, adjust the machine level. Refer to Section 2.4